Dr. Jihad BaghdadiAssistant Professor
Ph.D., Virginia Tech, Electrical Engineering, 1998.
M.S., University of North Carolina-Charlotte, Electrical Engineering, 1991.
B,S., University of North Carolina-Charlotte, Electrical Engineering, 1989.
• Passive Optical Network (PON) technology and implementations, optical phenomena, network architecture, system, and components characteristics,Next Generation and Advanced PON. optical fiber types, applications, and related standards
• Design, analysis, development, and performance of optical waveguides and fibers for applications in Telecommunications. Improvement in optical waveguide transmission characteristics.
• Evaluation and implementation of photonic devices, photonic integrated circuits, and all-optical system in communications and networks. Next generation technology, bringing cost reduction to telecommunication allowing sooner and higher deployment rate. Study feasibility and demonstration of such a technology.
• Semiconductor optical devices, electronics, and analog integrated circuits design, analysis, and testing.
• Laser characterization and optical burst-mode receiver for PON application that is simple but reliable.