The core values that guide the decisions and actions of the College of Engineering are:
- Academic Excellence by fostering lifelong excellence in learning, teaching, and research.
- Collaboration through encouraging teamwork and building partnerships across disciplines and with the community.
- Professionalism and integrity by instilling high engineering ethics and the values of perseverance and industry.
- Respect, collegiality, and civility by appreciating the contribution of everyone at the College and acknowledging his indigenous rights and responsibilities.
- Responsiveness by encouraging feedback from students and faculty members alike.
- Leadership and continuous development.